Samstag, 24. November 2012

A surprisingly short Saturday shift...

Getting up early, facing a Saturday at the office... I braced myself for a whole eight-hour stay at the office, powering up the usual nuddhhist way in the morning. On the upside of things, Saturday shifts mean that I can dress up like my hippie self and leave any office footwear at home.

The morning was typically November-ish, including a little fog rising from the river Ruhr, as I was waiting for the bus to take me to the office. Before entering the office, I enjoyed the different textures on the way underfoot: grass, soil and fallen leaves...





Getting ready for the office day, I powered up my computer, only to find, that our client's CRM systems (which we access to process customer inquiries) had gone offline... we waited for the system to come back, but after calling the IT department there, and getting the message that they most likely won't fix it this Saturday our boss (who dropped by a bit later) decided, that the shift was over and sent us all home. Of course, we're going to get paid for the hours spent there - but it feels almost like sabotage... after all, we came there to work off some of the backlog I previously wrote about, but couldn't work at all.

It feels a little like the classic "Peanuts" pun, with Lucy holding the football and Charlie Brown always trying to kick it... this time, our client was Lucy and pulled the ball away before we could even start running. But I'm sure, that at some point we will kick that ball sky-high!

Before it was clear, that the computer systems won't be fixed today, I took a break, enjoying the barefoot Saturday freedom...



So, my office day fell shorter than planned and so I could leave at 11 am instead of 4 pm... I once again enjoyed different textures on the way back home, including puddles and again fallen leaves... even though the day was still looking like typical November, I felt happy and went home to use that extra time to do some relaxing, reading and spending a lazy afternoon...





Sunday is forecast to be a mostly cloudy and windy but mild day... Still good enough conditions to take a nice barefoot walk, powering up before facing the next week... and the countdown to my leave continues... 10 work days to go until my one-week leave...

Long-term weather forecasts tell me about frosty temperatures due to arrive here at the beginning of December... At some point by the end of next week, my bare toes might receive frosty kisses from Mother Nature. Let's see what will happen.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen