Donnerstag, 23. August 2012

The Year Wheel keeps turning...

During my Nuddhist morning exercise just now, I saw clear evidence, that the seasons are turning and the Year Wheel is clearly rolling towards fall...

While breathing in the cool early morning air - 14°C/58°F (lovely and refreshing on my skin!) - I gazed at the clear sky, seeing stars winking, while the first hint of sunrise was glowing in the east. And there, in the south-east he was rising: the hunter, who was made immortal by Artemis, as she transformed his image into a star sign (out of remorse, actually, since she killed him for being jealous of him loving Eos instead of her): Orion.




In the northern hemisphere, this particular constellation is visible in clear nights from fall to spring, marking the cooler seasons. While I enjoy warm days for being skyclad outdoors as often as possible, I also welcome the sensations of cooler days to come, especially walking barefoot in fall and winter. But, there might be more warm and summerly days in stock for me, since some weather experts are predicting a dry and warm September in my region.

And as it the sight of stars winking in the pre-dawn morning sky wasn't enough, Mother Nature decided to get creative with her paintbrush again, and presented me with two "Wow!" moments by means of her sunrise sky paintings, which I beheld, while making my barefoot way to work:





Starting with views like this, it can only be a nice day today...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen