Samstag, 4. August 2012

Adding more happy moments to the collection...

Of course, a Saturday is nice and perfect to collect happy moments - especially, when you're having the day off. But having to work at the office did not bar me from looking around, making sure to spot those things and events, that make me smile...

Starting with the bus ride to the office, around the Ruhr river port in Mülheim, I saw and admired the equilibrium and casualness of four ravens at the roadside, searching for pickings in the high grass... totally oblivious to the cars and the bus I was sitting in zooming by. Next was seeing some anglers, sitting at the port dock near the Raffelberg lock, dipping their worms in the water... mainstream middle-class meditation, authorized by fishing licenses... a very typical German thing, too. Nothing may happen without a license!

Exiting the bus, I took slow and deliberate steps on the already sun-warmed sidewalks, making sure to alternate the sensations to my bare feet by stepping onto the strips of grass, where sycamore trees were planted in by the roadside. As always, the coolness and dewdrops provided the mixture of relaxation and refreshment I love and want before entering the office. Although, I was looking more like my true self, since Saturdays are boss-free days, allowing me to leave any footwear at home and dress more colorfully, too.

Typical barefoot Saturday office attire - The only thing missing was a sign at the office door, reading: "The hippie is IN!"
Oh, yes, and as can be seen by the t-shirt I'm wearing, I was on a mission to spread good mood.

I was making sure to again feel lots of natural surfaces beneath bare soles, including the wonderful feeling of Mother Nature's shaggy carpet, almost ankle-deep. And gazing at the clouds was nice too, since the sky was showing ever-shifting pictures, by the help of a warm but strong breeze blowing in from the south-west...

I would so love to have all sidewalks laid out in this shaggy carpet!
 
"They're so FLUFFY!!!" - yet again, several nice clouds to gaze at...
I was able to take several natural happy pills on this day, since a positive attitude, smiling, being cheerful, listening to calming music (which I also did), feeling sunshine and walking barefoot (preferably in nature) all help in releasing endorphins - our own brain's euphoria drugs, which can be consumed without ill side effects.

Here's a very nice article about living The Endorphine Lifestyle - maximizing healthy pleasure. Hank Hyena, the author of this article (which is fun to read, really!) also wrote an interesting piece about how nudity is good and healthy for the brain (and ultimately for the whole of our body and soul). Since this article, entitled Get Naked: It's Good for Your Brain, is no longer available on the h+ magazine web site, I was glad to discover it being re-blogged by Storm Moon, an inspirational transgendered naturist priestess, spiritual visionary and author...

It's really nice to see, that what I'm enjoying to be happy is just the right thing to do.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen